Top Ten Power Packed Foods
The Secret of long and healthy lifestyle lies solely in the food we eat. Our Food choice may help increase life expectancy as well as the quality of your life.
Here are top ten power packed food designed to give you energy, vitality and all around good health!
Beans – Beans of all kinds (kidney, navy, lentils, chickpeas, Northern) are high in protein contents. With its low fat, carbs and calories, its a great choice for everyone. With its great fiber contents, eating a healthy portion of beans each day in your diet can keep your digestive system healthy.
2. Oatmeal – Oatmeal has been known as a food that decreases blood cholesterol. it could be prepared like rolled oats or as porridge .Daily consumption of a bowl of oatmeal can lower blood cholesterol, because of its soluble fiber content.
3. Fruits – Fruits are filled with antioxidants such as Vitamin C and A.These fight free radical in the body and lowers the risk of cancer. Berries such as blueberries and grapes have the highest amount of antioxidants. But choose an array of fruits in a wide variety of colors for maximum health. The antioxidants in fruit boost the immune system to fight the effects of aging in the body.
4. Allium foods – Food in this family includes garlic, onions, leeks and shallots. Garlic is known for lowering cholesterol. Allium vegetables help protect the body against the risk of cancer and many other ailments. They
5. Salmon – Eating foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids reduces the risk of heart disease and other conditions like atherosclerosis. Wild salmon is a fatty fish but it contains good fats that has been proven to improve health in children and adults. Salmon is rich in protein which is of great use after an exercise session to build muscle tissue.
6. Flax seed – Like salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These seeds also contain omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids. Flax seeds also fights high cholesterol, heart disease and diabetes. Ground flax seed can be added to fruit smoothies, sprinkled in yogurt, eaten with cereal or added to pancake mix.
7. Peppers – Peppers are colorful. They contain antioxidants like beta-carotene and Vitamin C. Peppers range from mild and sweet to so hot that you’ll be calling the fire department. All peppers contain a substance called capsaicin. Capsaicin has the properties of an anti-inflammatory, a pain reliever, lowers cancer risk and heart disease. They are good in salads, salsa and all sorts of dishes.
8. Nuts and seeds – Nuts are high in good fat. Peanuts, almonds, Brazil nuts, walnuts and pistachios are all providers of good fats and protein. Crush them into a fine powder and use as a coating instead of higher carb bread crumbs. Nuts help to lower cholesterol. Eat them right out of the shell with no additives.
10. Yogurt – There are fat free variety. Yogurt is reached with calcium, Vitamin B, and protein. If you don’t drink milk, yogurt is an alternative to get your calcium in to build strong bones and teeth. Yogurt also contains friendly bacteria to help promote a healthy digestive system.
Your journey to a better healthier body begins with what you eat. Try these super foods to get started on the right track.